Temporary Extension of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Paid Leave Entitlements
The Alleghany County School Board temporarily extends employee rights for emergency paid sick leave and expanded family medical leave act for specific reason related to COVID-19 listed below and in accordance with the United States Department of Labor January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021.
Employees are covered for up to two weeks (80 hours, or part-time employee’s two-week equivalent) or expanded family and medical leave pay for qualifying reason below. Pay rate and eligibility shall be as established by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) effective April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021.
1. Is subject to Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
2. Has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
3. Is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. Is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
5. Is caring for his or her child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
6. Is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Unless extended by the Alleghany County School Board of United States Department of Labor, this benefit shall expire March 31, 2021.
Adopted: January 19, 2021