P.O. Drawer 140, 100 Central Circle
Low Moor, VA 24457
Office (540) 863-1800
JRTC Board Meeting Notes
What follows are the notes from the November 14, 2017 meeting of the Jackson River Technical Center Joint Board of Control. You are encouraged to contact Eugene Kotulka if you have questions regarding this information.
Present: Cindy Bennett (Covington City), Bert Baker (Covington City), Eddy Clemons (Covington City), Gerald Franson (Alleghany County), Jennifer Seckner (Alleghany County), Craig Lane (Alleghany County), Glenn Spangler (JRTC Director), Christy Armentrout (Clerk), Melinda Snead-Johnson (Covington City Superintendent) and Mary Jane Mutispaugh (Alleghany County Director of Instruction, attending on behalf of Mr. Kotulka).
1. The minutes of the October meeting were approved.
2. Mr. Spangler reported the first semester is over 2/3 complete. The Carpentry and Marketing programs are selling items on the JRTC Facebook page as a fundraiser. JRTC hosted tours for fifth graders last week, and Clifton Middle School students will be touring on November 15. Jeter Watson Intermediate School students will be touring after the Thanksgiving holiday.
3. Mr. Spangler presented the dual enrollment numbers, noting 85 dual enrollment classes are being taken this semester, 74 of these are AHS and 11 are CHS. Some of the classes that are being offered in collaboration with DSLCC for the career studies certificate are SAF 195 and WEL 123.
4. The Board entered Executive Session to discuss personnel matters. Personnel actions were approved.
5. Bills in the amount of $39,205.63 were approved. Bills and salaries in the amount of $88,035.91 were also paid in accordance with approved salary and benefit schedules.
The meeting adjourned at 12:17 p.m.
The next meeting will be held on December 12 at 12:00 p.m.