TITLE: Full-Time Unassigned Bus Driver
Transporting students in a safe and orderly fashion.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Hold a valid Virginia Commercial Driver’s License (C.D.L.) with “S” and “P” endorsement.
3. Thorough knowledge of traffic laws, bus regulations, district policies, rules, and transportation regulations.
4. Ability to be on call with predefined response time.
5. Good driving record, with no serious driving violations.
6. Pass a bus driver physical examination and to qualify as a bus driver.
7. Ability to drive any route, shuttle run or trip requested.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Ability to maintain good discipline on bus.
10. Ability to get along well with students, patrons, and staff; exercising courtesy and tact.
11. Knowledge of streets, roads and bus routes within the district preferred.
12. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Maintenance and Transportation
1. Obey all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
2. Practice good public relation policies to be a positive representative of the school system.
3. Serve as substitute school bus driver, shuttle driver and/or bus aide on short notice and as needed.
4. Drive for activity and class field trips.
5. Demonstrate punctuality and regular attendance.
6. Communicate effectively.
7. Follow school board policies and regulations.
8. Exhibits professional demeanor and grooming appropriate for the position.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
181 day contract, non-exempted FLSA status. Salary will be established annually by the School Board.
Job performance will be evaluated in accordance with School Board Policy and administrative regulations related to the evaluation of personnel.
· Ability to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds. Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, and reach.
· Ability to work in confined spaces.
· Ability to operate equipment related to transportation including passenger vehicles and school buses.
· Ability to operate office equipment such as computers, calculators, and other similar devices.
It is also anticipated that some stress will be associated with this position primarily due to deadlines and irregular workflow. It is necessary that the individual have the capacity to remain calm, considerate, and tactful.
Approved by School Board: