P.O. Drawer 140, 100 Central Circle
Low Moor, VA 24457
Office (540) 863-1800
JRTC Board Meeting Notes
What follows are the notes from the June 13, 2017 meeting of the Jackson River Technical Center Joint Board of Control. You are encouraged to contact Eugene Kotulka if you have questions regarding this information.
Present: Bert Baker (Covington City), Eddy Clemons (Covington City), Gerald Franson (Alleghany County), Jennifer Seckner (Alleghany County), Craig Lane (Alleghany County), Randy Tucker (Alleghany County), Glenn Spangler (JRTC Director), Christy Armentrout (Clerk), Melinda Snead-Johnson (Covington City Superintendent) and Eugene Kotulka (Alleghany County Superintendent/Administrator).
1. The minutes of the May 9, 2017 meeting were approved.
2. Mr. Spangler provided written information on the staff at JRTC, as requested.
3. Mr. Spangler reminded everyone the building is undergoing summer maintenance and will be ready for the start of school.
4. Mr. Spangler reported enrollment numbers are not finalized yet.
5. Mr. Spangler stated he hopes to conduct 5th, 7th, and 8th grade tours in the fall instead of winter.
6. Mr. Kotulka was unanimously appointed as administrator for the upcoming fiscal year.
7. The annual reorganization meeting was set for July 11, 2017.
8. The Board went into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters. The following personnel were approved: Windell Austin Gibson
9. Bills in the amount of $21,581.92 were approved. Bills and salaries in the amount of $73,923.94 were also paid in accordance with approved salary and benefit schedules.
The meeting adjourned at 12:25 p.m.
The next meeting will be held on July 12 at 12:00 p.m.