TITLE: ††††††††††† PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
To assist the Physical Therapist with providing school based Physical Therapy services to children who are eligible for services.
Associates degree from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program.† Be licensed by the Virginia Board of Physical Therapy.†
†††† Building Principal and/or Director of Special Education
1. Participate in the development of therapy programs to address need in the following areas: gross motor, sensory motor, balance skills, coordination skills, strength skills, range of motion, and activities of daily living for school related tasks, mobility within the educational setting, positioning and adaptive equipment needs, and close collaboration with school staff to provide maximum student participation in the educational environment.
2. Implement therapy programs and Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) goals and objectives with students under the direction of a Physical Therapist.
3. Assist the Physical Therapist in instructing other staff members and parents in therapy related activities.
4. Monitor, collect, and record student performance data.
5. Travel to schools to provide therapy services and/or attend meetings.
6. Confer with Physical Therapist, classroom teacher and other support staff as needed to exchange information regarding studentsí needs.
7. Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings, IEP meetings as directed by Physical Therapist or supervisor.
8. Keep current in standards of practice to provide best services to students.† Maintain professional growth and development.
9. Keep abreast of current best practices, research, and special education laws.
TITLE:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (continued)
10. Follow and assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and procedures.
11. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
†††† 10 month contract,
FLSA status, the School Board will establish the salary annually.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of licensed personnel.
†††† Lift up to 30 pounds.
Approved by School Board:† June 20, 2005