NOTIFICATION OF LEARNING OBJECTIVES
I. Annual Notice
At the beginning of each school year, each school within the Alleghany County School Division provides to its students’ parents or guardians information on the availability of and source for receiving:
· the learning objectives developed in accordance with the Standards of Accreditation to be achieved at their child’s grade level, or, in high school, a copy of the syllabus for each of their child’s courses;
· the Standards of Learning (SOLs) applicable to the child’s grade or course requirements and the approximate date and potential impact of the child’s next SOL testing;
· an annual notice to students in all grade levels of all requirements for Board of Education-approved diplomas; and
· the board’s policies on promotion, retention and remediation.
The superintendent certifies to the Department of Education that the notice required by this policy has been given.
II. Notice of Credits Needed for Graduation and of the Right to a Free Public Education
· the requirements for graduation pursuant to the standards for accreditation and
· the requirements that have yet to be completed by the individual student.
Adopted: April 15, 2019
Legal Refs.: Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, § 22.1-253.13:4.
8 VAC 20-131-270.
Cross Refs.: IGBC Parental Involvement
IKF The Virginia Assessment Program and Graduation Requirements